Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Foundations to Help Sudan

Today in class we worked on finding foundations that we could possibly do to help Sudan. While looking for these foundations, we worked in small groups. Hailey and I worked together and found about five or six foundations that we could possibly do. One that I found that stuck out to me was "Sudan Village Care Foundation". This foundation is not a profit organization to make the dream of one of the lost boys of Sudan a reality by building a medical clinic in his war-torn village in South Sudan to treat many preventable diseases and to bring hope to the people of his village. I don't exactly think we could do this one but I do think it is a good idea to help the people re-build their homes. Hailey found one that is called "United Families of Sudan".  This is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting education, health care, and economic development in Southern Sudan. I also don't think we could do much to help this foundation but I think it is something we should find a way to help with. There are many other foundations that we can help with but these are just a few that we found.

No comments:

Post a Comment