Thursday, November 15, 2012

Today's Class

Today is class we started going over the history and independence day's of the countries that we have been studying. We didn't get through all of them but we got through most. I learned a few things about these countries. Here are some things that I learned. Afghanistan's independence day is August 19, 1919. Right now in Afghanistan, there is a war going on. I also learned that Brazil was once ruled by Portugal. Brazil then took over their independence in 1822. So the official date of independence for Brazil is September 17, 1822. Another thing that I learned was that France doesn't actually have an "independence day". They have a national festival called English Bastille Day, which is on July 14, 1789. This is their "independence day". One last thing that I learned was that Germany was once under the control of France. After World War II, the allies and the Russians took over Germany. The allies were in control of west and the Russians were in control of the east. These are just a few things that I learned today about some of the countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment